Greensea is the creator of OPENSEA, an open architecture software framework for marine robotics, and is a world leader in navigation and autonomy technology. We develop software and hardware that revolutionizes the working relationship between people and machines both on and under the sea. We are known for innovative and powerful technology designed for in-the-field success—and for the can-do attitude, hands-on approach, and proven ability to get the job done of the people behind it.
Greensea currently seeks a dynamic, top performer for a fast-paced technical environment. This position supports standard software products for Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs), and diver mobility systems, as well as research and development programs in new technology for marine robotics. The ideal candidate is excited to solve really hard problems, dedicated to ‘getting it done,’ and confident enough to work alongside the best of the best.
The Application Engineer is expected to become an expert user of our OPENSEA based navigation and control products in order to support development and customer applications. They will provide technical support and expertise to customers and internal developers. They will help develop test applications, respond to customer feedback, install and maintain software, and may perform technical sales presentations and demonstrations.
- Participate in the complete sales and development cycle—from capturing customer requirements to testing and post-delivery support.
- Provide technical support for installation, setup, and troubleshooting.
- Capture customer feedback in the knowledge base and issue lists.
- Update documentation in the knowledge base.
- Act as the first line of customer support—gathering information and log files.
- Assist with development of test-plans, and product validation and verification.
- Travel to customer sites (on and off-shore) to support deployment and integration.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems, C++, MATLAB, embedded electronics, sensor interfaces.
- Demonstrated skill across electrical, mechanical, and software (application) domains.
- Experience with marine operations is preferred (ROVs, diving, surveys).
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task with competing priorities.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
This position is based in Richmond, Vermont and cannot be performed remotely. This position will require some occasional travel.