Greensea is the creator of OPENSEA, an open architecture software framework for marine robotics, and is a world leader in navigation and autonomy technology. We develop software and hardware that revolutionizes the working relationship between people and machines both on and under the sea. We are known for innovative and powerful technology designed for in-the-field success —and for the can-do attitude, hands-on approach, and proven ability to get the job done of the people behind it.
Greensea currently seeks a dynamic, top performer for a fast-paced technical environment. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the software build configurations, software development tools, and guidance on the software release process. If you are excited to solve really hard problems, dedicated to getting it done, and confident enough to work alongside the best of the best, then we’d like to talk to you.
As a crucial member of a driven, multidisciplinary engineering team, the DevOps Engineer will work alongside the Software, Robotics, Systems, Applications and Test Engineers. They will be responsible for developing and maintaining software tools that automate and streamline the software development, QA, documentation, release, and deployment processes.
- Participate as a multidisciplinary engineering team member.
- Develop and maintain software build servers.
- Independently develop new tooling and automation to streamline the development, testing, and deployment processes.
- Maintain existing automated CI/CD infrastructure
- Remove blockages related to configuration and dependency management
- Maintain state of the art software release process to support our expanding software deployment community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the Windows and Linux operating system
- Experience with a variety of scripting languages including Groovy, Python, and Bash
- Knowledge of multiple C++ build systems including cmake and qmake
- Experience with C++ code analysis tools
- Experience with Git and Github
- Strong understanding of containerization using Docker
- Experience developing and maintaining automated CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins
- Experience with Atlassian software tools a plus: Jira and Confluence
- Strong written and oral communication skills.