Greensea is the creator of OPENSEA, an open architecture software framework for marine robotics, and is a world leader in navigation and autonomy technology. We develop software and hardware that revolutionizes the working relationship between people and machines both on and under the sea. We are known for innovative and powerful technology designed for in-the-field success—and for the can-do attitude, hands-on approach, and proven ability to get the job done of the people behind it.
The Financial Analyst is a full-time position that handles a variety of financial analysis activities to ensure projects and programs deliver their desired results in a dynamic growth organization. The Financial Analyst’s responsibilities include collaborating with program managers develop and track progress against project plans, performing analysis on project quotes and proposal budgets, and project financial reporting. They will also assist the VP Finance to develop quarterly forecasts for the organization. This position reports to the VP Finance. This position is located in our Richmond, Vermont headquarters.
- Perform weekly project financial analysis and reporting.
- Develop project plans alongside program managers that align with the organization’s strategies.
- Assist with project quoting and proposal budgets.
- Develop and maintain process to ensure projects meet financial goals of the organization.
- Respond to information requests, review financial statements, and assist with audits.
- Meet processing and reporting deadlines.
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- 1-3+ years of business finance or other relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Strong financial modeling experience.
- Competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to think critically, work independently, maintain confidentiality, and take ownership of internal processes.