Greensea is the creator of OPENSEA, an open architecture software framework for marine robotics, and is a world leader in navigation and autonomy technology. We develop software and hardware that revolutionizes the working relationship between people and machines both on and under the sea. We are known for innovative and powerful technology designed for in-the-field success—and for the can-do attitude, hands-on approach, and proven ability to get the job done of the people behind it.
Greensea currently seeks a dynamic, top performer for a fast-paced technical environment. This position supports standard software products for Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs), and diver mobility systems, as well as research and development programs in new technology for marine robotics. The ideal candidate is excited to solve really hard problems, dedicated to ‘getting it done,’ and confident enough to work alongside the best of the best.
The Production Technician will assist in the assembly and testing of Greensea products, components, and systems. This position is a critical member of the multidisciplinary production team at Greensea Systems. This position will work primarily in the lab, executing the assembly and testing of production related tasks in accordance with Greensea standards and procedures. The successful candidate will strive to on-time and defect-free assemblies and offer nothing short of 100% effort in doing so. The right person for this position has the ability to navigate shifting priorities at the direction of their manager as programmatic needs may require. This position reports directly to the Production Coordinator. Our team is committed to developing technology that allows the work we do underwater with robots to be more effective and more productive. We are seeking teammates.
- Participate as a multidisciplinary production team member.
- Build subsea and surface robotic systems and associated assemblies.
- Assist in the maintenance, troubleshooting, and service of existing robotic control systems and components.
- Produce clear and useful documentation for production and QA/QC procedures.
- Support engineering staff and field testing, as necessary.
- Maintain a safe and neat work environment.
- Associate’s Degree in a technical field preferred (Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering). Applicants without degrees but suitable experience and demonstrable skills will also be considered.
- Working knowledge of schematic diagrams, electrical and electronic test equipment, AC and DC theory, Ohms law, electronics, and general build processes including but not limited to soldering, wiring, PCB handling, and basic sheet-metal fabrication.
- Proficiency with the safe and proper operation of basic electrical test equipment, electronics tools, and shop tools.
- Strong communication skills, attention to details, focus, and precision.
- Positive attitude and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.