Click here for a downloadable PDF.
Greensea is the creator of OPENSEA, an open architecture software framework for marine robotics, and is a world leader in navigation and autonomy technology. We develop software and hardware that revolutionizes the working relationship between people and machines both on and under the sea. We are known for innovative and powerful technologydesigned for in-the-field success —and for the can-do attitude, hands-on approach, and proven ability to get the job done of the people behindit.
Greensea currently seeks a dynamic, top performer for a fast-paced technical environment. You’ll develop software for Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs), and diver mobility systems. You will also support research and development programs in new technology for marine robotics. If you are excited to solve really hard problems,dedicated to getting it done, and confident enough to work alongside the best of the best,then we’d like to talk to you.
The Robotics Engineer will be a critical member of the passionate, multidisciplinary engineering team at Greensea. They will be involved in all phases of system and technology development including design, implementation, testing, and deployment. This position is primarily focused on integrating Greensea’s technology with marine vehicle systems. They will take part in analysis of navigation sensors and vehicle system dynamics, writing drivers for embedded hardware, integration of navigation and control software with vehicles in the field, and assist with technical support. The Robotics Engineer will deeply understand and appreciate how operators use subsea robotics to accomplish modern tasks and appreciate the role our software plays in allowing operators to be more effective and more productive. They will seek to discover gaps in the current technology preventing optimal efficiency and develop innovations to bridge those gaps.
- Participate as a multidisciplinary engineering team member.
- Design, analyze, develop, test, and integrate control and navigation software systems for unmanned vehicles.
- Innovate to discover solutions that enhance the relationship between marine vehicles and the operators that use them.
- Support clients and operators as they apply Greensea’s technology to the work they do in the field.
- Produce clear, reliable, and reusable code.
- Actively and passionately participate in field testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Physics, Computer Science or similar field with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in control system analysis and development using classical and modern methods.
- Proficiency in mathematics including linear algebra, numerical systems, and algorithms.
- Proficiency in C++ and MATLAB programming, with recent relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of mobile or underwater robot systems, including their sensors, construction, and use.
- Strong working knowledge of the Linux operating system, embedded systems, and embedded Linux.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.