Greensea is the creator of OPENSEA, the open architecture software framework for marine robotics, and is a world leader in navigation and autonomy technology. We develop software and hardware that revolutionizes the working relationship between people and machines both on and under the sea. We are known for innovative and powerful technology designed for in-the-field success — and for the can-do attitude, hands-on approach, and proven ability to get the job done of the people behind it.
Greensea currently seeks a dynamic, top performer for a fast-paced technical environment. You’ll develop Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) systems for Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs), and diver mobility systems. You will also support research and development programs in new technology for marine robotics. If you are excited to solve really hard problems, dedicated to getting it done, and confident enough to work alongside the best of the best, then we’d like to talk to you.
The Robotics Engineer will be a critical member of the passionate, multidisciplinary engineering team at Greensea and will focus on the development of Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) systems for ocean robotics. They will be involved in all phases of GNC, algorithm, software, and technology development including design, implementation, testing, and deployment. This position primarily focuses on new technology development related to the Guidance, Navigation, and Control of underwater robots. This position will work with state estimation, sensor fusion, vehicle control, perception system integration, SLAM development, and payload integration.
The Robotics Engineer – GNC engineer will design and prototype new technologies using MATLAB and develop, implement, and evaluate those technologies in robots using C++ and the OPENSEA framework. The Robotics Engineer – GNC will deeply understand and appreciate how operators use subsea robotics to accomplish modern tasks and appreciate the role our software and technology plays in allowing operators to be more effective and more productive. They will seek to discover gaps in the current technology preventing optimal efficiency and develop innovations to bridge those gaps.
- Participate as a multidisciplinary engineering team member.
- Design, analyze, develop, test, and integrate control and navigation software systems for unmanned vehicles.
- Support the analysis, upgrade, and maintenance of legacy GNC systems.
- Develop and implement prototype and fieldable solutions using C++ and OPENSEA in ocean robots for evaluation, testing, and delivery.
- Support software teams productizing GNC solutions from prototype to release candidate.
- Innovate to discover solutions that enhance the relationship between marine vehicles and the operators that use them.
- Support clients and operators as they apply Greensea’s technology to the work they do in the field.
- Produce clear, reliable, and reusable code.
- Maintain clear documentation.
- Actively and passionately participate in field testing.
- Master’s degree in Math, Physics, Computer Science, or similar field.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience (Master’s degree), or 5-10 years (Bachelor’s degree).
- Proficiency with state estimation algorithms, classical control algorithms, and sensor fusion concepts.
- Proficiency with noise identification, characterization, and filtering.
- Experience with hardware interfaces, edge processing, and distributed computing.
- Proficiency in C++ or other comparable object-oriented programming language.
- Proficiency with MATLAB for analysis and simulation.
- Working knowledge of mobile or underwater robot systems, including their sensors, construction, and use.
- Strong working knowledge of the Linux operating system, embedded systems, and embedded Linux.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
To apply, please send your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as PDF documents. The candidate must be eligible to work in the United States. This position is based in Plymouth, MA. This position will require occasional travel.Greensea (www.greensea.com) is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a casual and fun work environment and pro- vide our employees training and continuing education opportunities. Greensea offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package including full health insurance, 401(k), and paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave.