Click here for a downloadable PDF.
Greensea is the creator of OPENSEA, an open architecture software framework, and is a world leader in navigation and autonomy technology for marine robotics. We develop software and hardware that revolutionizes the working relationship between people and machines both on and under the sea. We are known for innovative and powerful technology designed for in-the-field success—and for the can-do attitude, hands-on approach, and proven ability to get the job done of the people behind it.
Greensea currently seeks a dynamic top performer for a fast-paced technical environment. This position supports projects such as a new diver propulsion device, sonar data processing systems, or a hybrid remotely operated vehicle going to the bottom of the ocean. The ideal candidate is excited to solve really hard problems, dedicated to ‘getting it done,’ and confident enough to work alongside the best of the best. We are seeking teammates.
The Software Release Lead is a member of the Quality team and is responsible for the testing, verification, and release processes for Greensea’s software products. They work closely with stakeholders from Engineering, Program Management, Product Development, and Sales to coordinate the on-time and quality release of software company wide. The Software Release Lead is expected to own the software release lifecycle, including verification, testing, QA/QC, documentation, licensing, release, and release documentation. They will be agile, collaborative, and focused with an extremely deep technical understanding of Greensea’s software product and will be wholly committed to delivering a quality product.
- Develop and manage a dynamic release process that covers all aspects of software updates and continuous releases
- Participate in software QA and verification at all stages of the development process
- Develop and maintain automated software QA and deployment tools
- Coordinate and communicate the software release process to ensure timely, quality, releases
- Full ownership of organized, regularly maintained and widely accessible documentation
- Deploy software to Production, clients, and other program stakeholders
- Coordinate software licensing with Sales and issue new keys to clients
- Bachelor’s Degree 3+ years experience in a technical role
- Proficient with Linux and Windows
- Proficient with modern software development processes and concepts including continuous integration and agile management
- Proficient with basic system administration, desktop software tools, and online collaboration tools
- Experience with continuous integration processes and tools, Jenkins preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication with the ability to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders from management to technical staff
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills