Click here for a downloadable PDF.
Greensea is the creator of OPENSEA, an open architecture software framework, and is a world leader in navigation and autonomy technology for marine robotics. We develop software and hardware that revolutionizes the working relationship between people and machines both on and under the sea. We are known for innovative and powerful technology designed for in-the-field success—and for the can-do attitude, hands-on approach, and proven ability to get the job done of the people behind it.
Greensea currently seeks a Systems Administrator—a dynamic, top performer for a fast-paced, technical environment. This position supports standard software products for Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs), and diver mobility systems. In addition, it supports research and development programs in new technology for marine robotics.
The ideal candidate is excited to solve really hard problems, dedicated to ‘getting it done,’ and confident enough to work alongside the best of the best. Our team is committed to developing technology that allows the work we do underwater with robots to be both more effective and more productive. We are seeking teammates.
The Systems Administrator will be a contributing member of the diverse and passionate Quality Team at Greensea. This position will be responsible for all of the general systems administration for two offices, as well as overseeing the IT needs of remote workers. The Systems Administrator will be charged with implementing security best practices, maintaining the server(s), managing employee workstations, troubleshooting network issues, and ensuring compliance. In addition, this driven individual will work directly with clients to properly set up their system’s networking to support our software installs—specifically as it relates to routing.
- Responsible for the design, maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers and virtualization. Monitor, evaluate and modify the system’s performance.
- Maintain and monitor network and system security.
- Implement security best practices company wide and track staff compliance.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- Provide documentation, technical specifications, and recommendations for implementing new and upgrading existing IT infrastructure.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection and disaster recovery.
- Provide remote networking and IT support to our customers as it relates to setting up Greensea’s technology on end user equipment.
- Strong understanding of routing on Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Lead internal IT and remote helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers
- Administer servers, laptop and desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP phones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Develop processes for on-boarding and decommissioning employees as it relates to system access and hardware allocation.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
- 3 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience.
- Proficient in Linux and Windows.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing internal helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, and data protection.