Greensea is the creator of OPENSEA, an open architecture software framework for marine robotics, and is a world leader in navigation and autonomy technology. We develop software and hardware that revolutionizes the working relationship between people and machines both on and under the sea. We are known for innovative and powerful technology designed for in-the-field success—and for the can-do attitude, hands-on approach, and proven ability to get the job done of the people behind it.
Greensea currently seeks a dynamic, top performer for a fast-paced technical environment. This position supports standard software products for Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs), and diver mobility systems, as well as research and development programs in new technology for marine robotics. The ideal candidate is excited to solve really hard problems, dedicated to ‘getting it done,’ and confident enough to work alongside the best of the best.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for developing and managing the technical requirements, documentation, integration plans, and system testing within engineering projects at Greensea. This individual will work with program managers, stakeholders, and engineering staff to define and document the technical requirements of a project or product using our model-based engineering system. These requirements will ensure a final product that meets the customer’s goals and objectives. This individual will also aid in the development of test plans to test against these requirements. The Systems Engineer is a critical member of the quality team and engineering staff at Greensea and works closely with all stakeholders and engineering disciplines: including program managers, QA/QC team, software engineering, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering. This position is part of the Quality Team and reports directly to the Director of Operations.
- Develop and manage the technical requirements of engineering projects and software products.
- Represent the technical requirements of a project during design reviews and code reviews.
- Analyze stakeholder needs:
- problem/need statement definition
- mission level requirements elicitation
- mission use case development
- Analyze system requirements:
- system context development
- mission use case scenario definition through activity diagrams
- functional/non-functional requirements elicitation
- Work with the engineering team to develop candidate physical architectures based on technical andprogrammatic requirements.
- Aid in the development of test plans and Quality Assurance plans consistent with technical andfunctional requirements.
- Develop and maintain traceability matrices, interface definitions, CONOP.
- Develop and maintain system verification and validation test plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, or related technical field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in component testing, software testing and systems testing.
- Proficiency in standard engineering processes, configuration management, and quality management.
- Working knowledge of the Linux operating system, embedded systems, and embedded Linux.
- Working knowledge of software product management.
- Experience with OOSEM or similar scenario driven MBSE methodology to analyze, specify, design, andverify a system is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with No Magic Cameo System Modeler/Enterprise Architecture is ideal, but not required.
- Strong oral written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.