Click here for a downloadable PDF.
Greensea is the creator of OPENSEA, an open architecture software framework, and is a world leader in navigation and autonomy technology for marine robotics. We develop software and hardware that revolutionizes the working relationship between people and machines both on and under the sea. We are known for innovative and powerful technology designed for in-the-field success—and for the can-do attitude, hands-on approach, and proven ability to get the job done of the people behind it.
Greensea is seeking a Technical Writer—a dynamic, top performer eager to work in a fast-paced technical environment. This position will support the delivery of software products used in Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs), and diver mobility systems. In addition, it will support research and development programs used in new technologies for marine robotics.
The ideal candidate is excited to help our team communicate how developers can use our software to solve challenging problems, they are dedicated to ‘getting it done,’ and confident enough to ask questions when they don’t understand something. Our team is committed to the development of technology that allows the work we do be both more effective and more productive. We are seeking teammates.
The Technical Writer will be responsible for the design and creation of developer-level documentation for Greensea’s Software Development Kit (SDK). This position will work closely with the engineering and communications teams to develop documentation for Greensea’s 200+ applications. The Technical Writer will help educate and enable our customers to build on and integrate new applications with OPENSEA, Greensea’s open architecture platform.
- Design and implement Greensea’s SDK documentation.
- Create tutorials and user guides to help users get started and become proficient with our back-endapplications.
- Work with our engineer and communications teams to create documentation workflows to ensuredocumentation aligns with our product release cycle.
- Create and maintain developer level documentation for Greensea’s 200+ software products.
- Work with the engineering team to gather technical content and produce easily understood and wellcommunicated documentation.
- Work with the Chief Engineer to define the required documentation for Greensea’s developmentapplications.
- Work with the Technical Content Creator and Documentation Manager to maintain a consistent brandimage and messaging throughout Greensea’s technical content.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, computer science, or related field.
- Basic understanding of C++.
- Familiarity with documentation generation software, such as Doxygen.
- Experience producing content describing the use and operation of technology.
- Proficiency in the English language with excellent grammatical and writing skills.
- Proficiency with modern productivity software, desktop tools, and Google Drive.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong interest in how humans interact with machines and a drive to facilitate that relationship.