Greensea is the creator of OPENSEA, an open architecture software framework for marine robotics, and is a world leader in navigation and autonomy technology. We develop software and hardware that revolutionizes the working relationship between people and machines both on and under the sea. We are known for innovative and powerful technology designed for in-the-field success—and for the can-do attitude, hands-on approach, and proven ability to get the job done of the people behind it.
Greensea is currently seeking a dynamic, top performer for a fast-paced technical environment. This position supports standard software products for remotely operated vehicles (ROVs), autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs), and diver mobility systems, as well as research and development programs in new technology for marine robotics. The ideal candidate is excited to solve really hard problems, dedicated to ‘getting it done,’ and confident enough to work independently alongside the best of the best.
The UI Developer will be a critical member of the passionate, multidisciplinary engineering team supporting Greensea’s industry-leading Workspace for command and control of robotic systems. They will take part in all aspects of user interface development for marine robotic systems, including software architecture, UX design, testing, and system integration. The successful UI Developer will need a deep understanding of how operators use subsea robots to accomplish modern tasks and appreciate how our software makes operators more effective and productive. This position will work closely with the UI Architect.
Design intuitive user interfaces that enhance the relationship between marine vehicles and the operators that use them:
- Work with end users, engineers, and program managers to capture interface requirements.
- Develop interface mock-ups for review and evaluation.
- Implement UX refinements.
- Maintain software documentation and assist in the development of user documentation.
- Support customization as well as long term planning for standardization across products.
- Support end users as they apply Greensea’s technology to the work they do in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or similar field
- 3+ years developing in C++ with experience working in the Qt framework.
- ArcGIS experience is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of mobile or underwater robot systems, including their sensors, construction, and use (preferred).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.