Greensea is the creator of OPENSEA, an open architecture software framework for marine robotics, and is a world leader in navigation and autonomy technology. We develop software and hardware that revolutionizes the working relationship between people and machines both on and under the sea. We are known for innovative and powerful technology designed for in-the-field success—and for the can-do attitude, hands-on approach, and proven ability to get the job done of the people behind it.
The Vice President of Sales & Business Development is responsible for the expansion of Greensea’s open architecture platform, OPENSEA, to the global maritime industry. This ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for developing and executing Greensea’s OPENSEA Platform sales strategy. They will be growth-oriented and dynamic, focusing on outbound business development and conversion of new accounts. They will represent and sell the ideals of the organization, promoting the benefits of open architecture robotics and Greensea’s fast-paced, goal-driven culture. This role involves extensive personal engagement with clients and will require regular travel as well as attendance at networking events, exhibitions, and tradeshows. While an engineering degree is not required, the successful candidate will have the kind of background, acumen, and interest to best support Greensea’s highly technical products and services. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Develop business networks within the marine industry to source new clients.
- Increase Greensea brand awareness by establishing strategic relationships and alliances with business leadership, thought leaders, and key influencers in our field.
- Develop, manage, and execute OPENSEA Platform sales strategy to meet annual sales and revenue goals.
- Write compelling, original proposals that demonstrate how Greensea’s technology directly addresses the customer’s needs and drives value for their business.
- Partner with Greensea’s marketing team to develop sales materials and presentations to support the OPENSEA Platform sales strategy.
- Keep senior management informed through regular updates and annual analysis.
- Work with leadership to identify and resolve any issues impacting progress towards achieving the annual sales and revenue goal.
- Monitor the competition and competitive technologies.
- Represent Greensea at exhibitions and trade shows.
- Promote a customer-oriented culture and advocate to build strong customer relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance, business administration, or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of business development or sales experience.
- Track record of closing deals, winning proposals, and meeting/exceeding sales goals.
- Experience leading and executing full sales cycle (prospecting through closing and retention/upsell).
- Experience leading sales teams.
- Fully competent in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM systems. Able to learn new technology systems quickly.
- Ability to present a professional image to management, staff, clients, and other outside contacts.
- The ability to think critically, work independently, and take ownership of internal processes.
- Flexible in nature to accommodate new program growth and change.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply, please send your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as PDF documents. The candidate must be eligible to work in the United States. The ideal candidate is based in Richmond, VT or Plymouth, MA but remote candidates will be considered.